Mr. Barth is a 2005 graduate of Augusta State University. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice, with a minor in Sociology. Mr. Barth was very active in collegiate baseball during his undergraduate studies and set an NCAA record, receiving several awards due to his success. Following his time at Augusta State University, Mr. Barth played professional baseball in Europe.
Mr. Barth earned his Juris Doctor in 2009 from Michigan State University. He was a member of the law school’s arbitration and negotiation teams and continued his participation in collegiate sports as a member of the school’s ice hockey team. While in law school, Mr. Barth worked for Foster & Harmon, P.C. in East Lansing, Michigan where he represented the firm’s clients in their Social Security and Disability appeals.
Upon graduating from law school, Mr. Barth clerked for the Honorable John M. Ott, Chief Superior Court Judge for the Alcovy Judicial Circuit (Walton and Newton counties). As a law clerk, Mr. Barth gained invaluable experience in family law, including divorce, child custody, child support, and adoptions. After his clerkship, he accepted a position as an Assistant District Attorney in the Alcovy Judicial Circuit. During his tenure with the Walton County District Attorney’s Office, Mr. Barth successfully prosecuted both misdemeanor and felony cases, including murder, child molestation, and aggravated assault. Mr. Barth joined Foster & Hanks, LLC as an associate in January 2015.
Mr. Barth is a member of the Northeast Georgia Officials Association and has been a Georgia High School Association umpire since 2009. Mr. Barth is married with two children and a golden retriever.
Areas of Practice:
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- Family Law
- Wills, Trusts and Estates
- Corporate Law
- General Litigation
- Social Security Disability
- Election Law/Campaign Finance
- State of Georgia, 2010
- Supreme Court of the State of Georgia, 2010
- Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia, 2010
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 2010
- Juris Doctor, Michigan State University College of Law, 2009
- Bachelor of Arts, Criminal Justice, Augusta State University, 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Alcovy Circuit Bar Association
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National College for DUI Defense